Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It is done

I have finally had my hysterectomy Monday. My doctor used the da Vinci robotic arm, which is better on recovery, I don't know why all doctors aren't trained to use it. I have had the best doctor and everyone that has worked on me, they were all so nice, it makes a big difference when you have people that want to help than just put in hours. It took over 7 hours and my doctor had to chop it in pieces to get everything out and I am so thankful that he took the time to do so instead of just opening me up and getting it out the other way which would be worse. After all the months and shots to have the da Vinci and to wake up and see that we had to do it the other way would have been bad for me.  When I came to I was very shocked that I had the pain that I felt in my  arms, it hurt more that anything. Found out it was because of the gas, I'm better today. I can tell a difference in my walking already, I should have done this years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment